ANNOUNCEMENT ON THE FOREIGN LANGUAGE WRITTEN AND ORAL EXAM FOR INFORMATION OFFICER
INFORMATION OFFICER FOREIGN LANGUAGE WRITTEN AND ORAL EXAM
• The Information Officer Legislation Exam, Foreign Language Written Exam and Foreign Language Oral Exam to be held in accordance with Article 46 and following articles of the Travel Agencies Regulation will be organized online by TÜRSAB (Association of Turkish Travel Agencies) on the dates specified below.
• Online preparation trainings that can be taken before the exam are available as "Information Officer Online Preparation Trainings" on the TÜRSAB Academy website. These training materials will be available free of charge for our participants to prepare for the exam until December 2, 2023. The materials can be accessed via the link below.
• The exam fee for TÜRSAB member travel agency owners (official) and employees (with SSI) is 1,500 TL with 50% discount. The exam fees of the agency owners and employees must be paid through the agency's company account and individually for each participant. The full name and surname of the person who will participate in the exam must be written in the explanation section of each payment receipt.
⁃ Due to the earthquake disaster centered in Kahramanmaraş and affecting 11 provinces (Adana, Adıyaman, Diyarbakır, Elâzığ, Gaziantep, Hatay, Kahramanmaraş, Kilis, Malatya, Osmaniye, Şanlıurfa), the exam fee will not be charged from the owners (official) and employees (with SSI) of our travel agencies in the region.
• The exam fee for other participants is 3.000 TL. The exam fee must be paid from each participant's own personal account and the full name and surname of the person who will participate in the exam must be written in the explanation section.
• Application Dates: November 1, 2023 - November 28, 2023 (Time: 23:59)
• Applications will be made online by the participants via our website. The explanations are given below.
• Information Officer Exam: will be held online according to the following schedule.
⁃ Legislation Exam Date and Time (Online) : 03.12.2023 (10:30 -11:30)
⁃ Foreign Language Written Exam Date (Online) : 10.12.2023 (10:30 -11:30)
⁃ Foreign Language Oral Exam Date (Online) :16.12.2023 and 17.12.2023 (It will be held on the date and time to be communicated to each candidate later)
• The Information Officer Legislation Examination will be held in Turkish from the subjects of General Tourism Knowledge, Tourism Geography, Tourism Economics and Marketing, and those who are successful in the exam will be able to work as Information Officers in "C" group Travel Agencies. Those who pass the Information Officer Legislation exam and also succeed in the Information Officer Foreign Language Written Exam and the Information Officer Foreign Language Oral Exam will be able to work as Information Officers in "A", "B" and "C" group Travel Agencies.
• Written and Oral Foreign Language Examination will be held in English, Arabic, German, Russian, Russian, Ukrainian, Spanish, French, Chinese, French, Chinese and Bulgarian languages, and our participants will be able to take the written and oral exam in the language they have chosen when they fill out the online application form.
• Even if they are not 18 years old on the date of application, those who are 18 years old on December 3, 2023, when the exam will be held, can apply for the exam.
• Documents to be uploaded to the system after completing the Online Application Form:
⁃ Color passport photo taken within the last 6 months,
⁃ Identity card
⁃ Receipt of payment of the exam fee (the name of the person who will take the exam must be written in the explanation section),
⁃ If the agency owner (official), signature circular or Trade Registry Gazette with partnership information;
⁃ If the agency is an employee (with SSI), SSI Registration and Service Transcript (Barcoded) with the current date and workplace title.
⁃ Participants who have previously received an Information Officer Certificate of Achievement and wish to receive only a foreign language certificate of achievement must also upload their Information Officer Turkish Certificate of Achievement to the system.
⁃ On December 10, 2023, a minimum score of 70 points from the Information Officer Legislation Examination is required to participate in the foreign language written exam.
⁃ Foreign nationals who will participate in the exam must submit their work permits or residence permits and upload their temporary ID cards with Turkish ID numbers to the system.
⁃ Collective fees cannot be paid for more than one participant.
⁃ Payment cannot be made on behalf of someone else. All payments except for the Travel Agency; will be made from the personal account of the participant who will take the exam.
⁃ Any payment not covered by force major cannot be refunded.
ASSOCIATION OF TRAVEL AGENCIES OF TURKEY
Bank Name / Branch-Code: VAKIF BANK / FULYA-S00728
Bank IBAN / Account Number: TR4400015001500158007309969881 / 00158007309969881
ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS
• Candidates who provide all the required documents must create a user registration and log in to the system by pressing the "Register" button on https://akademi.tursab.org.tr/ until 23:59 on November 28, 2023 and apply from the TÜRSAB Academy Online Exam System area. https://akademi.tursab.org.tr/register/
• Candidates who already have an account on the TÜRSAB Academy page should enter the system with their username and password by clicking the "Login" button after entering https://akademi.tursab.org.tr/ and apply from the TÜRSAB Academy Online Exam System area. https://akademi.tursab.org.tr/signin/
• Candidates who log in to the Online Examination System can access the application page by clicking on the "New Application & My Existing Applications" option and fill out the application form and add the requested documents to the form with the upload options at the bottom of the form. (Preparing the requested documents in JPG format in advance to be uploaded to the online application form will save time for candidates during the application phase.)
• Completed applications will be evaluated as soon as possible and the application status will be notified to the candidates via e-mail after examining for any errors.
• Since candidates will log in to the online exam with their TÜRSAB Academy Online username and password created during their application, it is important that they do not lose their account information.
• On December 3, 2023 at 10:30, for the Information Officer Legislation Exam, which will be held online at 10:30, people will be able to start the Information Officer Legislation exam by entering the system with the user password they have determined during their application. https://akademi.tursab.org.tr/signin/
• Participants who score 70 and above in the Online Information Officer Legislation Exam to be held on December 3, 2023 will be entitled to take the Online Foreign Language Written Exam to be held on December 10, 2023.
• After the Online Foreign Language Written Exam (50 points) to be held on December 10, 2023 and the Online Foreign Language Oral Exam (50 points) to be held on December 16-17, 2023 via Zoom application, our participants with a total score of 70 and above in the foreign language written exam and oral exam will be entitled to receive the "Information Officer Foreign Language" certificate.
• Participants who are successful in the legislation exam for the foreign language written exam and the foreign language oral exam will also be provided with the links where they will take the language exam.
• Our participants will be able to receive their certificates of success online via the system with QR code digital documents when the process is completed. Documents will not be given physically.
• Online exam preparation training and question banks for candidates who will take the Information Officer exam in accordance with Article 48 of the Travel Agencies Regulation are available as "Information Officer Online Preparation Trainings" in the "TÜRSAB Academy" section under the "Corporate" tab on the TÜRSAB website.
• These training materials are available free of charge for our participants to prepare for the exam until December 2, 2023. https://akademi.tursab.org.tr/ws/enformasyon-memurlugu-online-hazirlik-egitimleri/
• Our participants will be able to learn the results of the Online Information Officer Legislation and Online Information Officer Foreign Language exams by following the announcements on our web page and logging in with the username and password they have previously created. Likewise, users who are successful in the exams will be able to receive their certificates from the system online with this method. https://akademi.tursab.org.tr/signin/
• Since the Information Officer Legislation Exam and Foreign Language Written Exam will be held online simultaneously for all participants; excuses will not be accepted unless there is a force majeure (unless documented with a report). Force majeure must be documented and submitted to TÜRSAB Academy via e-mail within 2 business days from the exam date. No fee paid will be refunded unless the exam is not taken due to force majeure.
• Objections to the exam results must be submitted in writing to TÜRSAB Academy via e-mail within 10 working days after the exam.
• If our participants have questions about the exam process, it is sufficient to contact firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail address.