Training is a high priority issue within TURSAB’s activites, as it is directly related to the quality of services received by public from the travel agencies.
TURSAB set up a self supporting foundation in Istanbul titled, "TURSAV" in order to support training and educational requirements of its members as detailed below.
TURSAV (The Tourism and Travel Agencies Foundation)
TURSAV was established in 1991 with the purpose of supporting training and educational requirements of the travel agencies’ personnel.
TURSAV also carries out activities in collaboration with Universities and Turkish Airlines (THY) and other concerned institutions to fulfill the educational needs of the sector.
The educational programmes and training courses conducted by TURSAV;
1. Certificate Programmes
- International tour leadership
- Professional tour operation (fundamental)
- Professional tour operation (advanced)
- Congress & Conference organization techniques
- Travel Managament certificate program
- After Sales passenger support certificate program
- Ticketing courses for the employees of travel agencies
2. Continuous Training Programmes
- Marketing & Sales in travel agency
- Advertising & Public Relations in travel agency
- Human Resource Management in travel agency
- Yachting tourism
- Congress organization techniques
- Annual budget preparation in travel agency
- Ideal tour sales staff
- Quotation techniques
- Training courses for travel agencies information officers
- Training courses for tourist coach drivers
- Training courses for travel agencies accountants
- Training courses for hotel guides and transfer staff
TURSAV also organizes seminars for the senior and middle management executives of TÜRSAB’s member agencies.
TURSAV set up two commercial firms in order to supply the financial sources required to meet the professional training needs of its members.
One of these firms (TURSER) works for meeting the insurance needs of TURSAB’s members. The other area of activity (TURPRESS) is the organisation of press and consultancy services.
TURSAV is one of the leading founders of the operating company of Istanbul Convention & Exhibition Centre (UKTAS), the first congress centre of Istanbul and Fairs Management and Investment Inc. company (ANFAS), operating Antalya Congress Centre and Tourism Development Foundation of İzmir.